Saturday, May 12, 2012

Dance Pictures and Birthday Cards

Each year before her recital they take their pictures in their dance costumes.  We only had pictures done in three out of the four this year.  I haven't gotten around to the group picture yet.  But so far I have tap and clog.  I was so excited to get to use my Roxie paper.  I had been saving it for her clog picture.


They clogged to Welcome to the Jungle by Guns n' Roses.  It was a really awesome routine.  Clog has turned out to be her most favorite of her dance classes.  Who'd a thunk it :)

I used my Cricut AP cartridge and cut the flourish, letters, label at the top, and the flower.  I just cut 2 border pieces,  scored, glued them together, fanfolded, and then ran a string through them to pull it together in a flower.  The instructions are in the 2012 Spring/Summer idea book.  Super simple and fanciful flower.  The ribbon is our inkable seam binding ribbon.  I used Tulip ink and daubed on the ink until I got the right color.  I just love that stuff.

The next is her tap picture.  They danced to Cuban Pete.  It was such a colorful costume. I really liked it. 

You guessed it, more Dotty for You.  I love that yellow.  The stripe is a scrap from the Paper Studio and I'm not sure where the pink came from.  But the green is Sweetleaf.  Again all the letters, flourishes and flowers were cut from the AP Cricut cartridge.  How did live without that thing for so long?  I'm still not sure yet :)  I stamped some faux stitching (Stella workshop stamp) in Sunny Yellow around the edge of the page, although you can hardly see it here. It turned out to be a bright and cheery page.  

I have been collecting random pictures from the recital from facebook.  I feel some Studio J work coming up for that.  I can't wait. If you haven't checked out StudioJ, you really should.  For anyone who loves scrapbooking, but doesn't have the time or place to do classic scrapbooking, Studio J is for you. 

This month has been a busy one...band concerts, recitals, birthdays, and the close of the school year.  Whew...I'm ready for summer.  Speaking of birthdays, I did finish a couple of birthday cards.


I got to use my You Are stamp set that was the stamp of the month for April.  It is a really cool, fun, and original stamp set.  Sorry, I couldn't resist ;)  The "12" card was for my daughter and the sentiment on the inside was " Hope you have a birthday that is as cool, fun, and original as you are."  Then other mushy stuff as we mom's tend to do.   I haven't completed the inside of the "16" card yet.  It's for my best friend's daughter's  upcoming birthday.  Shhhh..don't tell her :)   The paper was some from Paper Studio and then our White Daisy cardstock.  I love how the 16 turned out.  I cut it out from the AP cartridge,  inked the edges, and then coated the entire number with liquid glass.  It turned out to be a really nice effect. 

Ok,  I'm off to watch Dark Shadows with the girls.  Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.   Remember to take lots of pictures....to scrap of course :)  Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment