Sunday, May 27, 2012

H2H Weekly Challenge - Distressing

This week over at Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blogspot, the lovely ladies have concocted a challenge to include something distressed.  Since I have been introduced to Close to My Heart, I think I pretty much ink distress everything I do.  I remember in the beginning when I was a first time customer and I told my now upline  that I didn't want the stamp of the month, because, well I really wasn't a stamper and I didn't do ink.  She just looked at me and smiled and said, "uh huh..ok."  She kept smiling because she had that knowledge that I, too, would be hooked.  I must say, I am hooked.  I'm a stamping fool and I play in ink every chance I get.  Thanks Belinda!

This weekend I decided to pull out my Stella paper. I do love Stella.  This was my first attempt at an altered item.  I have a co-worker who said she would like to see a box in Stella if I did one.  Well...I did one. 



At first I wasn't sure how I was going to seal this.  I thought Mod Podge!  Apparently, it's been a while since I decoupaged anything.   Although it's hard to tell from these photographs, I ink distressed all the papers prior to putting them on the box.  The box itself is our My Creations Card Box, which is plain white.  I inked all the corners with cocoa ink.  It looked great, then when I started to decoupage over that, it starting changing colors.  It actually looks a bit verdi gris.  I was upset at first, then it kind of fit.  I thought it added a little age to the box.

All the shapes were cut from the Cricut AP cartridge.  What would I do without that thing? Everything thing else is straight out of the Stella Paper Pack.  I added a few sparkles and a pewter badge button.  Voila!  

When I got through with my box, I had a bunch of little pieces of paper left.  What better to do than make cards, right?  I did a layout, a box, a birthday card, and then all the cards I made today and still have some paper left from this one paper pack.   Here's what I have come up with so far.



I realized that I hadn't had a chance to use the Stella WOTG stamp set.  I definitely had to fix that :) All the papers were ink distressed.  I thought the Stella went well on the kraft paper.  It was my first long card as well. I had several firsts this weekend.   The little cards in front were so fun.  They have their own little holder to keep them in.  I had accidentally cut some paper too short, so it was time for some 3x3 cards.  I had seen on Vicki Wizniuk's page,  the Wizard's Hangout,  this great little set.  It's under her free templates section.  For those who haven't checked her page out, she has some beautiful cards.  This was my version of that card set with Stella papers.


Kind of hard to tell what's going on here, but they all fold up in one cute little package.  With a little band around them to keep the package together.


It holds four cards and their envelopes.  Super simple and fun.  And made with a happy mistake :)

I didn't mean for this post to run on forever, but I had new goodies to share.  I love days when I can actually get something done, creatively speaking.  Thanks for stopping by.   I hope to be working on more soon. 

Happy Scrapping!



4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Thanks for the link, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your box is gorgeous! I love that little bluebird. You know what they say about bluebirds of happiness, right? Your cards are darling too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your box is gorgeous and all of your creations are great! Thanks so much for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't you have some FUNN with all your projects! Stella is a good one as are your creations.
    Thanks for playing H2H!

    ReplyDelete