Monday, June 18, 2012

Ribbons and Butterflies

I totally took advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free Stampaganza special we have going on this month with Close to My Heart. That long list of stamps I had on my wish list got a lot shorter after June 1st :)  Some of the cards I had been eyeing were the quick card stamps. I posted the video earlier in the month on the blog, but I hadn't had a chance to use them yet.  This past weekend I had my chance.  It just so happened that this week's challenge over at Heart 2 Heart  was to make something with at least one ribbon on it.   So, I got to play with my new Quick Card Butterfly stamp and use up some of my ribbon stash.  Here's what I came up with.


The little 3x3 card I totally lifted from Lisa Stenz's project this month.    She has some wonderful ideas.    I loved it so much I knew I had to try it.  I used Chocolate and Sunset ink on mine and the little "thank you" is from another A size stamp set, A Garden.  While I was playing around with my butterfly I thought I would try the same idea on a bigger card.   I used my trusty daubers again and carefully daubed on Chocolate, Indian Corn Blue, and Sunset inks, then stamped onto a Colonial White A2 size card from CTMH.  The "Thank You" is from the stamp set 4 My Friend.   I added some brown ribbon from my stash and there you have it, quick and simple. 

I also had fun with the stamp set, New Arrival.  I have a friend expecting and she had a shower last weekend.  I had whipped up a card for the shower and I like how it turned out, so I made a few more.  Hers was brown and pink, but I went ahead and made some blue and brown, too.  Just in case there might be some little boys in the future. 


Again, very simple cards, but I thought they turned out quite cute.  The stamp was done in Cocoa Ink on Colonial White cardstock.  The brown cardstock is Cocoa.  The shades of blue and pink were some I had in my stash and I'm not quite sure what brand.  I've had the ribbon for quite some time and when I found it I knew I wanted to use it, so I kind of designed my card around it.  Very simple design, but it worked!  They, too, fit the Heart 2 Heart challenge this week. 

Remember you have until the end of June to take advantage of the Stampaganza, buy 2 get one free special.  It's a perfect time to start whittling away at your wish list. 

That's it for tonight.   Thanks for stopping by.  Come back by tomorrow and I'll have my #3 Studio J layout posted.

Happy Scrapping!

8 comments:

  1. oh my these are just darling! Thank you for playing along with us at h2h

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards, congrats on adding to your stamp stash! Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New stamps are FUNN, using new stamps is even more FUNN! Thanks for getting such cute projects made for H2H and sharing! Really pretty butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so pretty! Thanks for joining us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies for stopping by and leaving such kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are gorgeous Stacy!! I especially love the butterflies. They are my weakness. I have been wanting that one for a while; but have resisted. Love your choice of colors too. Gloria

    Visit my blog. I would love more followers.
    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete