Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Studio J Layout #3

This is layout #3 of our Studio J homework for convention.  This one is another one I followed instructions, and then changed the colors.  All my stuff is girlie, well, because I have a daughter.  So I have a lot pink as opposed to the rusty orange color that was found in the embellishments with this kit.  But, because of it's versatility, I was able to make it kind of girlie.  Here it is...


I still used the same layout and paper kit, much like I did with layout #2.  I just changed it up a bit.  Here's how our assignment started out:

Kit:  Lucky
Pattern:  Portrait Collection
Techniques:
  • Adding a photo mat behind your photo using a journaling box
  • Using letter as embellishments
  • Adding "tabs" of cardstock with journaling boxes
  • Creating a title using several journaling boxes
  • Using a My Stickease image to make a border
I didn't use the My Stickease image to make my scalloped border because it was that rusty color.  So what I did use was the My Stickease title alphabet letter "O".  I thought it turned out pretty neat.  The white circles on the tabs are also the letter "O" from the Cobbler font typed in a journaling box and sized to fit.   There are so many little tricks and techniques you can use to make these pages your own there is no way to list them. 

The beauty of Studio J is you can be creative as you want to be or not.  When you pick out your kit and pattern drop your photos in, you can go strictly by the suggested patterns and embellishments and your pages will be just as lovely.  But it does give you some freedom to customize to suit your style.

Thanks for stopping by.  Come check out another layout tomorrow.  Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment