Saturday, July 28, 2012

Heart 2 Heart Challenge - Water Fun!

Another great challenge over at Heart 2 Heart Challenge blog.  This week it's water fun.  Seems fitting enough, we are in the middle of summer.   One of the first layouts I did with Close to My Heart was with the Footloose WOTG.   This paper pack is featured in the current idea book, which is on its way out on July 31st.  I'm a little sad to see this one go.  It was perfect for all the beach pictures we had.  I had posted my WOTG layout, but, as it was my first experience with the kits, I wanted to see just how far that paper pack would go.  I ended up with two 2-page layouts, two single layouts, and bunches of cards.  I still have some of this paper left.   Here is one of my single page layouts for this week's challenge.


This was from my daughter's birthday weekend at the beach last year.  This was the pool at the hotel where we stayed.  The water was a perfect match for this paper.  These were some of my leftovers from the WOTG with some added Footloose Complements Dimensional Elements. I used Lagoon ink and a dauber on white daisy cardstock letters to create the watery effect on the title.  Very simple page, but fun.  Farewell Footloose!

If you get a chance, head on over to Heart 2 Heart Challenges to see all the other great water fun art they have posted there.  I have a new layout and some cards featuring our six new colors I will be posting as quick as I can get it uploaded, so check back soon.  Have a great weekend!

Happy Scrapping!


2 comments:

  1. Fun, happy page and a perfect photo for Footloose! Hope to see you at H2H again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a lay-out made with "left-overs" this is a pretty complete "meal!" Love your watery POOL letters, and the way you tied on the details of who and when. Thanks for joining the challenge at H2H!

    ReplyDelete