Monday, August 27, 2012

Avonlea Leftovers and Sonoma Sympathy

This past weekend I had a wonderful group of ladies and we did the Avonlea Card Workshop on the Go.  I love the new WOTG card kits.  They have everything you need, with exception of the ink and adhesive, to make 15 cards, five each of three designs. These are the cards I made from the kit.  And I went right by the directions (see..I do have it in me..lol)


I wish I had taken pictures of all the cards our group made.  Everyone has different styles and ideas and  even though we all used the same kit, each one was personal.  By adding a couple of sheets of cardstock from my personal stash I was able to squeeze out about six extra cards, two more of each and enough leftovers to make some really cute thank you notes.   I decided to try a little different color scheme.  Here's the same card from the kit but with Slate instead of Chocolate cardstock and Twilight instead of Smokey Plum cardstock.   Twilight is pretty close to that teal found in the B&T.  Beside it is the little thank you note made with the leftovers. The thank you stamp is from the Casual Expressions stamp set.


After Saturday morning I was on a cardmaking roll.  I went on to pull out some older paper from Sonoma and use the same recipe as the WOTG cards to make some sympathy cards.  I love the colors in Sonoma, too.  Sadly it is retired.  I was able to snag some from the "While Supplies Last" page on my shopping website.  You never know what you can find there.  And they are really good deals.   Here are the the first two. 


That's card #1 from the WOTG.  I used Bamboo cardstock for the card face and the Sonoma B&T paper.  The flourish and the flowers were cut with the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge.  The leaves on the right were cut with the Cricut  Artiste.  I used the new alcohol ink markers in Smokey Plum for the flowers on the left.  I used Smokey Plum ink and daubed it on for the flowers on the right.  There is definitely a color difference, but certainly a place for both.  Here's another one. 


The sentiments are from the Words of Comfort stamp set.  The patterned Bamboo cardstock was stamped with the flourish from the Avonlea WOTG kit, just like it called for in the kit.  I used our seam binding ribbon and daubed on the Smokey Plum ink for the bow.  

That's it for tonight.  Hopefully tomorrow I can put the creative cap back on while I wait to see what hurricane Isaac is going to do.    Thanks for stopping by and for everyone who is on the Gulf Coast.....stay safe!

Happy Scrapping!





1 comment:

  1. You really did get on a cardmaking roll! They all look so lovely. Love how you expanded the WOTG and switched out the colors. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete