Monday, September 17, 2012

Back to School

After I started scrapping, I went back and gathered all my child's school pictures.  I always felt like it was such a shame that you had all these school pictures and usually they are just in a drawer somewhere after their year had past.   Traditionally, I always take pictures on the first day of school. So now I have a school days book and each year I have a two page layout devoted to the first day of school and her class picture(s).   First day is left page and class picture(s) is on the right.  I finally got around to putting together last year's pictures.  I was totally stumped, probably by the colors she was wearing.  But then I thought, why not go with school colors.  It just so happens that Gypsy is pretty spot on for bullpup purple.  It was her first year as a Bullpup and their colors are white and purple.


It gave me a chance to use our School is Here stamp set, too.  "I <3 school", may be a bit of a stretch, but it was still fitting. I used our Gypsy marker set to color in the hearts.  They matched perfectly.   I cut all the lettering and the "girl" from the new Artiste Cricut cartridge.  I used liquid glass (yes, I still love it :)) on the "6 th" for some added gloss and used the Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel to highlight "girl."  The striped purple paper is Gypsy cardstock that I scored at half inch intervals and lightly sanded across the top.  Just one more reason to love our cardstock.  I threw in some brads and bakers twine for good measure.  The cute little dog print border was from an ek Success punch I had.  She started the year with feathers in her hair.  I saved those and incorporated them in the layout, too. 

I have already started thinking about this year's school pictures.  Is it wrong of me to tell my child, "No, you can't wear that for school pictures.  It won't match the paper I plan to use on your school page?"  Hmm..oh well..lol. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Until next time..

Happy Scrapping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment