Tuesday, September 25, 2012

More It's Your Day and Some Other Stuff

I had mentioned before that I was going through all my older papers.  I made up a couple of layouts from some funky yellow, blue, black and white paper I had.  I really loved this paper and was never sure what to do with it.  I decided I would try to make something that might actually appeal to my twelve year old.  The paper is not CTMH, but the stamps, pattern, and Cricut cuts are.


The pattern is from our retired Magic book.  I used the It's Your Day and Live Out Loud stamp sets as embellishments throughout.  I did take the time to handstich around this layout.  I swore I would never do it again, but I did.  It was much easier this time with the use of our ruler.  It has a grid with the little holes evenly spaced.  Using our piercer I went around the page and punched the holes and then went back with some white embroidery floss and sewed.  Still very time consuming, but I do love the way it looks.  

Here's another one I did with this paper. 


It's also a pattern from Magic.  I didn't do any stamping at all on this one.  But I did use the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge for all the embellishments.  I made a little pocket up at the top to house my tag using our 3d foam tape.  The scalloped borders are actually made with our corner rounder.  I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I have had this corner rounder for years and not until I joined up with CTMH did I know you could remove the guide and use it to make a scalloped edge.  You learn something new every day :) 

I took a day, Friday was a week ago,  and scrapped with some friends.  That's when I finished up these two layouts.  I also made some cards.   A friend had brought with her some HouseMouse designs she had for one of her projects.  She let me have a couple of leftovers to make a few cards.  There is some Dotty for You and some CTMH cardstock thrown in.  I just think the little mouse is adorable. 





That's all  for now.  As soon as I get the rest of my cards photographed, I'll post them, too.   Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment