Monday, December 31, 2012

More Valentines

Yesterday I was in the Valentine's mood, apparently.  I got several Valentine's cards done.  All were different styles and papers.  The first one I got done was still from that Christmas paper I had made the gift card holders from.  The more I looked at this card, the more this started to look like Christmas paper..lol.  I guess as it was intended, but I continued on in my pursuit of a Valentine.  I made this one to contain a bookmark.  I gave my daughter a card like this last year and I really liked the design and tried to recreate it.


The card itself measures 7 x 3.5 inches. Kind of odd sized, but I found a whole stack of envelopes this size.   The little tag on the front is attached with a little glue dot just behind the ribbon knot.  That way it can be easily removed and used as a bookmark.  I scalloped the edge of the card with my corner rounder. The heart was cut from the Cricut Artiste cartridge on Cotton Candy cardstock.   I stamped the sentiment at the top from Card Word Puzzle.  The on was kind of challenging. I used the word "NOTE" and turned it upside down and masked off the "TE."  But, it worked!   The Valentine's Day sentiment at the bottom, along with the hearts, and the inside sentiment are from the Whooo's Your Valentine stamp set.  The stitching down the side is from the Stitched Together set.  All stamped in Cotton Candy ink.  Here's the inside.  


I just used a tiny scrap of paper and glued it on each side to make a little holder for the ribbon tail of my bookmark.  

Thanks for stopping by.  I have several more projects and cards I will be posting soon, so check back.

Wishing everyone a happy and safe New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment