Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Twilight Snowflakes

This year one of my favorite colors to do Christmas cards in has been Twilight.  I just got the Snowflakes stamp set not too long ago and I have been dying to use it.  I had seen a card done by Vicki Wizniuk, over at the Wizard's Hangout,  in Snowflakes and Twilight.  It was my inspiration for these cards.  I was in search of a simple, yet pretty, Christmas card design that wasn't going to cost me an arm and a leg to send.  I wanted some bling, but paying that extra $.20 surcharge because you have a sparkle on the front hurts my feelings. This is what I came up with.


I was pleased with the result.  It met all my needs.  It was Twilight in color, flat for mailing, and yet had some glitter and glam.  I used Twilight, Dutch Blue, and Sky inks for my snowflakes.   I used Stardust  Glitz Glitter Gel in the centers of each snowflake.  The one on the left has a little something extra.  You can't really tell from the picture, so I tried to get a closeup below.



I used silver embossing powder on the little snowflakes.  I really liked the way they both turned out.  They were easy, fun, and pretty.  What more could you want?

Thanks for stopping by.  Merry Christmas and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment