Wednesday, February 6, 2013

CAS2 Day 6

It's day 8 at the CAS2 Card Class, and I am waaayyy behind.  I will probably be skipping around in my posts to get caught up.  This card is my take on a sketch from Day 6.


This was a part of the tone on tone stamping technique they showed in class.  My card opens on the right side.   I used Slate cardstock for my card base.  The card front is Whisper stamped with Whisper ink using Hero Arts woodgrain background stamp.  I really like this stamp.  The butterflies are also a Hero Arts set.  I used our waterbrush with Crystal Blue and Gypsy inks to lightly tint their wings.  After attaching the grey  baker's twine, I adhered the circle with 3d foam tape and then attached the butterflies with glue dots.  I left the sentiment off this one, because I'm not sure what I want to use it for.  It's another one of those cards that can be used for different occasions I think.  Plus, I'm a horrible decision maker :) 

Cardstock:  CTMH Slate, Whisper, Smokey Plum, and Twilight
Stamps:  Hero Arts - woodgrain and butterflies
Inks:  CTMH Whisper, Gypsy, and Crystal Blue
Embellishment:  CTMH baker's twine. 
Other:  Fiskars scalloped edge punch

That's it for today.  I have lots more to come, so keep checking back.   Thanks for stopping by. 

Happy Scrapping! 





No comments:

Post a Comment