Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Chantilly and Tilda

Out of the new book, my favorite paper pack has to be Chantilly.  I absolutely love all these pastel paisleys and flowers.   To me, it just screams Spring.  A couple of posts back I had done a coloring experiment with my little Tilda from Magnolia Kids stamps.  I thought she would be just perfect combined with Chantilly.   I keep seeing these really involved cards with lace, flowers, and pearlie things.  I don't normally go that route, but I do love to look at them.  I thought I would try my hand at this type of card, but I made everything from paper, save the pearlie things of course :)


I used the Tilda I had colored with Copics and CTMH alcohol markers.  There is a lot going on in this card.  Everything is made from CTMH cardstock.  The lace strip was punched from a Martha Stewart punch.  All of the flowers are cardstock, as well.  They are flowers in varying sizes cut from the Artiste cartridge and manipulated and layered to form the full flowers.  The pink ones are from Cotton Candy cardstock and I used a sanding block and gently sanded the edges so they appear to have white tips.  The yellow flowers were cut from White Daisy cardstock and the edges were inked in Buttercup.   Below is a closer look at the detail. 


The smaller one layer flowers were punched from Blush and Buttercup cardstocks with a small Fiskars flower punch.  The sentiment is from our new Hoppy Easter stamp set, which is adorable in itself.  Since Tilda had her rabbit I thought it worked for this, too. 

This card was definitely fun, but a lot of work.  This was my first attempt.   I have two more Tilda's, so I'm sure I'll be trying again, soon.   Thanks for stopping by! 

Happy Scrapping!



No comments:

Post a Comment