Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring Birthday and Congrats

I pulled a few more cards together from the leftovers of the K&Co. yellow floral paper I had been working with.  Although it's a really bold pattern and colors, it reminds me of spring.  I think it's the yellow I am drawn to.  Here's a couple more cards from that paper.   Both are standard sized cards that started out as top fold cards.  I decided to make this one horizontal.


I wanted to do circles since I got a new scalloped circle die and I just had to try it out.  I couldn't find a sentiment that would fit into my smallest circle.  I had a revelation.  I would just cut the stamp so I could stack the words.  I found that the Happy Birthday sentiment in the Card Chatter Birthday stamp set is exactly like the one that comes with the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge stamp set.  I figured if I messed it up, I still had another one.  It worked out perfectly.  Instead of masking every time I want a more compact sentiment, I can  just arrange them how I want them now. And I still have one intact from another set.   

The card below is from the same paper.  You can see the metallic rose highlights more in this picture. I stamped the sentiment in versamark ink and then used CTMH gold embossing powder.   


That's it for tonight.  I have a few more in the works that maybe I can get done before the week's end.  
Thanks for stopping by! 


No comments:

Post a Comment