Thursday, July 25, 2013

Another Week 3 Day 3 card

Here's another card from Day 3.  This is based on another one of the sketches for the week. The example card was adorable, but I didn't have anything remotely close to the stamps used. But what I did have was one of the new stamps from Jeanette Lynton's archives.  For those of you who didn't know, the new idea book that will be going live on August 1st contains stamp sets that have been re-released.  These sets were some of Jeanette Lynton's personal favorites that were originally released in rubber and mounted on wood.  Now you can have them in acrylic stamps.   This little guy is from the Teddy Bear Birthday set and he's an A size stamp set, so he's only $6.95! He comes with presents, cake and a hat, too.


I thought he was cute and have been wanting to use him since I got him.   This is a 5.25 x5.25 card cut from CTMH kraft paper.  I used White Daisy, Sky, Gypsy and Chocolate for my colors.   I used Copics to color my little bear, but I used CTMH alcohol markers in Sky to color his bow.  I simply used my daubers and ink to make the circles on the strip at the bottom of the card.  The little scalloped border is also something new we have.   It's our new scalloped border punch.  I love, love, love it!  It, too, is a must have and will be available August 1st.  

I followed Lisa Spangler's lead in making this a window card.  The top layer is popped off the card face with 3d foam tape.  I found a stash of old alpha stickers and thought, why not?  I originally wanted it to be a baby card, but I didn't have the right letters or a stamp that I thought would fit, so a birthday card it became.   I feel like this card needs a little something else, but I was undecided on what I wanted, so I just let him be.  He's just so cute.   

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great rest of the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment