Thursday, July 11, 2013

SCC2 Day 4

As usual, I have things a bit out of order.  Such is my life!  I had a little quiet time in the craft room this evening, so I thought I would give some of these homework assignments from the card class a whirl.

I'm still using the same color palette, although I changed out some of the colors to different shades.  One of today's challenges was to create a card in 10 minutes.  I'll be honest, that's about unheard of for me.  I can't make up my mind in 10 minutes :)  But I did it!  I used the card by Marion Vagg as my model.


Once you have your colors and gather your supplies it did go together in 10 minutes...yay!  I used Sweetleaf, Buttercup and this time I went with Dutch Blue cardstock on a standard-sized White Daisy card base.  I used a die from Memory Box for the foilage.  I punched out my butterflies with a MS punch.  I used our alcohol marker in Sorbet to do some shading on the butterflies. I cut 1/4 inch from my card front on the right side and put a 1/2 inch strip of Dutch Blue on the inside of the card instead of on the face.  Now, you can see the colored strip when it's closed and it decorates the inside of your card as well. 

Another card today was by Kristina Werner.  It was a star shaped card.  I didn't have any star dies, but I did have heart-shaped ones.  I followed her lead with the strips of paper and embossing the card front.  


I cut my heart from some Bazzil cardstock so it would be a little bit sturdier.  The papers I used for the stripes are from the SSS July card kit.  I just loved that print and the colors worked with the palette this week.  This card also went together very quickly and easily.  

The last card I finished was actually the first one I started.  I had stamped the image and had done the coloring earlier.  I used CTMH Sweetleaf, Buttercup, Smoothie, and Crystal Blue inks along with my blending pen to color them.   I coated parts of it with liquid glass, so it had to have time to dry before I put it all together.  This card is my version of sketch #3 from the class sketches for the week.


That's it for tonight.  I am hoping for a productive weekend, so perhaps I will be able to post more in the near future.  

Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards Stacy. Love all of your class cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy!! Great cards!! Love that heart, super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All 3 cards are great, it was the fishes card that drew me over to your blog from the class gallery.

    ReplyDelete