Friday, July 19, 2013

Stretching Your Holiday Stamps Project

The crafty assignment from Summer Card Camp from Week 2, Day 4, was to stretch your holiday stamps.  In other words, use them for something other than holidays.  I thought it was a neat idea and a great challenge.  I have been wanting to use some of the new  holiday stamps that will be appearing live on August 1st in our new idea book.  The stamp set I used is called Wintry Wishes and it's a part of the new hostess line of stamp sets.  Anytime you host a party, you have the option of buying these new hostess sets.  There are several to choose from.  Here's my cute little feathered friend.


There are three of these little guys in the stamp set.  I think they are adorable.  I colored him with Copic markers and then cut him out leaving some white showing around the image.  I added some glitter glitz gel to his snowball.  I used the little snowflake stamp from the set for the embossed snowflakes.  They really are silver.  The lighting makes them look almost gold.   This is a standard A2 White Daisy card base from CTMH.  I simply free hand cut the curve on the bottom of the card face.  I traced my curve onto some black cardstock and cut out the black strip.  I adhered my blue piece of cardstock to the inside of my card. 

The sentiment is a stamp from the Cricut Artiste Collection - Birthday stamp set.  The original sentiment says " Hope your birthday's as sweet as you."  I masked off the "sweet" with washi tape while inking and removed it to stamp the image.   I found some little glittery alpha stickers in my stash so I used them to replace the "sweet" with "cool." I used my white gel pen to make some dashed lines under my curved card front to finish it off.  

I had fun with my little feathered friend.   I foresee a long lasting friendship between us.  

That's it for tonight.  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable....love the penguin and the way you put in the "cool" birthday to tie it all together!

    ReplyDelete