Monday, August 26, 2013

You Make My Heart Happy

Just a quick post to start the week off.  Maybe this week won't be as hectic as the last.  It always seems to get busy when school starts.  I did manage to get one card made last week.



I used the papers and stamp set Simon Says Stamp August card kit.  The little girl is a stamp from Hero Arts.   I had colored several of her previously in different colors with Copics.  It just so happened that this one matched.  The stamp set from Simon Says Stamp is called Card-Exchanging Friends.  


I think the sentiments  in this set are great.  Here's the inside of the card. I used the same color Copic as used in her outfit to color in my little heart on the front and the inside of the card.  I added a couple of sparkles to her hair and that was it.  Very simple card.  The only time consuming part was coloring the little girl.  As I've mentioned before, when I find a stamp that I like I tend to stamp it out several times and color them.  That way I have some already finished and on hand to use if the notion strikes me.  

I have been in a coloring mood lately.   Coloring projects are something that I don't feel as guilty about leaving out and unfinished.  Every time I get a spare moment,  I can stop and color.  It's my therapy.  Or at least that's my story,  and I'm sticking to it!   

I have a new coloring project I'm working on.  It's a new technique to me using Prismacolor pencils.  As soon as I get one done I'll be sure to post.  Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment