Monday, December 30, 2013

Sending Hugs and Kisses

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.  Christmas is over and I am done with Christmas cards this year.  But, I still have my December card kit from Simon Says Stamp.  I only got to make a few cards with it, so I thought I would revisit it.   I wanted to make something with it even though Christmas was over.  It was a stretch, but this is what I came up with. 


The stamp set that was in the kit was for Christmas, but I was sure I could pull something else out of it.  It had these big X's and O's,  aka hugs and kisses, and this cute little heart.  I kind of pieced them all together to send a non-Christmas message.  I stamped the hearts in Memento Luxe ink, Love Letter.  I love this ink.  I had seen several people use it in videos and decided to try it for myself.  Glad I did.  The silver striped border is the washi tape that comes in the kit.  It's very thin, making it very handy for borders and such.   The patterned paper was also from the kit.  The little girl is from Stampendous.  I found her in a stack of images I had previously stamped, colored, and cut out.   In this photograph the reds on her look much more orange than that of the paper and the hearts.  In my craft room, they look great together.  Thank you modern technology and not-so-great lighting! Lol.   To rectify the situation I coated the little heart I put in her hand and her skirt with the Wink of Stella glitter brush.  Glitter makes everything ok, right? It's kind of like ice cream?


I left the inside blank so it could be for any occasion that you just wanted to send someone some love. I have always used the O's and X's as hugs and kisses.  My daughter came back here and looked at my card.  She studied it for a minute and finally said, "hugs and kisses?"  Hmm..yes, it has nothing to do with anything bovine.  Although, I'm sure someone would appreciate some oxen, just no one I know..lol.   I guess I should have done it XOXO, but then that would be kisses and hugs, and I always say hugs and kisses.   

Ok, so maybe I missed the mark with this one, but it was fun to make.  The new January card kit has already come in and I can't wait to get to work on it.  I also have the new card kit from Close to My Heart, Cloud 9, I am getting ready to play in as well.  As soon as I get some more done I'll be sure and post. 

 I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful New Year's holiday!  Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. You did not miss the mark. This card is very sweet. And I love the way you designed the inside of the card, too. I like it as much as the front. Great job! :-) -B

    ReplyDelete