Wednesday, March 12, 2014

OCC Clean and Simple 3 - Day 1

Online Card Classes has done it again!  They started their Clean and Simple 3 class on Monday.   These classes are always filled with incredible techniques, information, and inspiration.  Day 1 had a couple of ideas I wanted to try.  Debby Hughes showed a wonderful card with inlaid word bubbles and Shari Carroll had an inlaid striped balloon.  I loved the look of both cards.  I have done some inlaid stuff before, but not much.  I realized about half way through why that was.  It's tedious!  Lol.  It wouldn't be so bad it you had less loopy words.  I picked a short word at least.  This is a technique which I'm sure would become easier with practice and familiarity.  I do love how it turned out. 



The colored cardstock was from an old Martha Stewart paper pack I had.  The colors were perfect for a baby card.  The hearts are dies from Lawn Fawn and the Baby is from Simon Says Stamp.  I took a cue from Shari Carroll and cut the cardstock in tiny strips and glued them on to one sheet and then cut my strip for the inlay at the bottom of the card.   Here's a closer look at the inlay. 


When I got through with the card I thought it needed just a little something, so I added some opalescent sequins that came in the SSS March card kit. It is the only element that is on top of the card.  The rest of it is completely flat.  I thought about stamping a sentiment across the inlay, but there is no way I was going to risk it after all that work..lol.  I may get brave and try it the next time.

That's it for me today.  I can't wait to try more from the class.  I'll be sure to post when I do. 

Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment: