Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Thanks from the June Card Kit

I got the cardmaking bug this weekend.  I made a couple of more cards from the SSS June card kit.  I really love the flower stamps in this set.  I foresee getting a lot of use from this one. 


The set comes with the solid color stamps and then the line drawings of the flowers, leaves, and little squigglies.  I started out just stamping to try out the set and test the colors I wanted to use.  Then I decided to keep the paper and use it in a card.  I used Blush, Juniper, Crystal Blue, and Buttercup ink from CTMH and stamped the flowers in second generation for the base color.  I stamped over the top of them with the line stamp in Black ink.  The sentiment is from SSS set called Lots of Thanks.  That's another go-to set for me.   I added some baker's twine and a little enamel heart that came with a previous card kit.  I mounted the card face on a standard size top fold card I cut from the cardstock in the kit.  I love the colors in this kit. 

The card on the right is another card I made with the stamp set, using it in the same fashion with the same colors. The sentiment is also from Lots of Thanks. 

Because it's still anything goes at SSS Wednesday Blog Challenge, I'll be posting these cards over there.  

That's it for me today.  I'm going to try to get a few more things done. I'll be sure to share when I do.  Just a side a note, if you like the colors Blush and Buttercup from CTMH, this month is your last chance to get them.  They will be retiring.   If these are colors you use often, grabbing another pad or re-inkers might be something beneficial to you.  You can click here to see all the other retiring items as well.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

 



 



3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Your flowers look so light and lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I love the tender colours and the string you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Awesome using the flower stamps to make the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete