Thursday, November 13, 2014

Coloring on Kraft

Evening everyone.  I have one more card to share with you guys from the OCC Holiday Workshop.  On day 6, which was a bonus day, they focused on coloring.  Those who know me, know I love to color.  But what I had not tried yet was coloring on kraft paper.  I absolutely love the look.  Debby Hughes did a lovely card with a poinsettia colored with Prismacolors on kraft.  I had to give it a try. 



I loved this little stamp from Lili of the Valley.  They have such adorably sweet images.  As a matter of fact they have a monthly challenge blog and this month it's a Merry Christmas Challenge.  I'll be posting this card over there, too.

For starters, I stamped my image in Memento Rich Cocoa on Neenah Desert Storm cardstock.  I thought it kept it kind of country/crafty by using the brown ink.   And the Neenah cardstock is perfect for the colored pencils.  The sentiment is from SSS November card kit stamp set called, Be Joyful.  I really wanted to try for a background and maybe some falling snow, but I chickened out at the last minute.  When I got my image colored I was afraid I would totally mess up the card..lol.  So, this is my clean and simple (very simple), one-layered, krafty, pencil-colored Christmas card.  

I did stamp this image on three different papers with the intention of coloring these little guys in three different mediums.   I'll be sure to post them when I get them colored up. 

That's it for me tonight.  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Wow you can see that you like to color! That looks super! I did not want snow over or around mine for kind of the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! I may try to do another one and experiment, if I can get brave enough..lol.

      Delete
  2. James looks so adorable, Stacy! Your colouring is amazing!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Merry Christmas!' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete