Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Marie Mariposa

Hello everyone!  I have been on a cardmaking roll here lately.  I have also stumbled on some wonderful challenge blogs and facebook groups.  One of these is the Artbymiran Facebook progressive challenge.  I was so intrigued by the idea, I had to join in.  You buy the digi and then use it in this month's challenge.  Then next month the next image used for the challenge is free to you.  I hope I have that right.  Check them out here.

The image for this month is this beautiful butterfly fairy, Marie Mariposa.  You know I have a fondness for winged things :) I had to use it immediately.


This is a 6x6  side-fold card base. The papers are from an old SSS monthly card kit.  I printed her on Copic Xpress It paper and colored with Copics.  After I fussy cut her I used the scraps along with my Rose Creations die set from Spellbinders and cut out the flowers.  Using the same Copics, I colored them to match.  I used a little butterfly punch and did the same thing for them.   The lacy butterflies were made with a Martha Stewart border punch.   The sentiment is one I have grown to love lately from Stampendous.  I have always loved that saying.  I added some pearls from my stash to the flowers and butterflies.  And no fairy is complete without some Wink of Stella on her wings so, I coated her up and called her finished.

I really love this image by Mi Ran Jung.  You can follow this link to her challenge blog and she has her Etsy address posted there as well.  Don't forget to check out her facebook group, too. I'll be posting this card in the progressive challenge and on the challenge blog.

That's it for me tonight.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment