Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Heartstrings

Hello everyone!  I have a card to share with you tonight made with an image by MiRan Jung called Heartstrings.  She's the image for this month's progressive challenge on Artbymiran's facebook page


When I heard the name of the image was Heartstrings I knew immediately which paper I needed to use.  Heartstrings, of course!  Heartstrings was one of the paper packs from CTMH in the 2015 Seasonal Expressions book.  Although the paper is not available any longer, the complements, assortments, and Picture My Life is still available.

This ended up being a 5x7 horizontal folding card.  I printed her on Copic Xpressit paper.  I tried printing her on regular Neenah cardstock, but I got a lot of smearing from my ink :(  I even heat set it.  It doesn't normally do that.  I ended up going with the Xpressit and it seem to minimize the problem, but it was more than normal.  If anyone has any suggestions, I would love the hear them.  I'm still new to the digi stamp world. 

When I got finished coloring her she looked like she needed a little bling.  I added some bitty sparkles in Clear and Lagoon to make her look like she had on earrings and a necklace.  I just couldn't resist.  Here's a closer look. 

 
I think this is just an adorable image and she was fun to color as well.  I have a few challenges I'll be entering her into, which I will list below, along with the supplies I used. 

That's it for me tonight.  Thanks for stopping by! 

Challenges:

ArtbyMiran's Progressive Facebook Challenge
The Corrosive Challenge Blog - Utterly Female
Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Stamp and Create - One for the Girls
Cute Card Thursday - #386 Anything Goes
Not Just Cards - #23 Anything Goes

Supplies:

Digital Image:  Heartstrings - ArtbyMiran
Stamps:  SSS - Card Exchanging Friends
Inks:  Versamark - Black onyx
Paper:  CTMH - Hearstrings (retired), White Daisy, Lagoon, and Black; Copic Xpressit 
Dies:  SSS - Holiday Shapes
Copics:  BG10, 45, 49, E000, 00, 11, 21, R20, 17, 24, 27, 29, C0, 1, 3, 5, 7
Other:  CTMH - Scalloped border punch, Bitty Sparkles, fun foam, adhesives

No comments:

Post a Comment