Sunday, February 11, 2018

Wedding Cake

Hello everyone!  Just a quick post today to share a card I made for the daughter of a dear friend of mine, who is getting married.  It's a very simple card.  I fashioned it after a card I saw on Pinterest.  Sadly, there was no watermark, so I am unable to give credit.


I think if I had this to do over again, I would have added some sort of sentiment in the top left, but I still thought it turned out cute.  The stamp is a Doodlebug Design stamp that has the accompanying die set.   I colored it with Copics and mounted it on the front with 3d foam tape.  The flash barely catches the hearts in the background.  They are a stamp from CTMH called Cascading Backgrounds.  I stamped them and then heat embossed them with white powder.  It gives just a little added interest, much like the Wink of Stella on the cake frosting.   I still have some scraps from the Vintage Bliss paper pack, so I threw a little border of that in there, too.  Voila!

This week on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, the challenge is It Must Be Love.  I thought getting married certainly must qualify :) 

Thanks for stopping by.  I'll try to list all the supplies down below.

Supplies: 

Paper -Ninah (80lb Solar White); SSS (Grey cardstock); Simple Stories (Vintage Bliss)
Stamps - Doodlebug Designs (Mr. & Mrs.); CTMH (Cascading Backgrounds)
Inks - Memento (Tuxedo Black); Versamark
Copics - BG10, 11, 15; R20, 21, 22; C0, 1
Dies - Pretty Pink Posh (Stitched Borders); Doodlebug Designs (Mr. & Mrs.)
Other - various adhesives, Wink of Stella, Ranger (Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder -White)



1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet design, the soft hearts are just perfect.

    Many Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete